Reflexology by Katie - Relax Your Body, Recharge Your Mind, Refresh Your Spirit

History of Reflexology
Reflexology for Headaches
Reflexology for Sleeping
powered by

Reflexology by Katie

How Reflexology Helped Me Find the Joy of Giving

We all know that well known phrase, “There is more joy in giving than receiving.”  Most of us were taught it as young children.  However, how many of us were told this as children, and yet we never felt that joy or happiness we were promised when we had to share our toys? It’s funny now to watch a little kid being told to share when they really don’t want to.  Well, now as an adult I am closer to understanding the true meaning of “the joy of giving.”  And I have reflexology to thank for it!

Reflexology by Katie, Reflexology therapistWhen I received my education in reflexology, one of the first places I began utilizing reflexology was at the local hospital in Norwich Connecticut.  At the hospital they have a department called CHI (Center for Healthcare Integration).  In addition to the traditional medical care at the hospital, CHI offers complimentary alternative therapies such as massage, reflexology, reiki, and healing touch per the patient’s request.  CHI relies on therapists to offer their skills to the patients on a voluntary basis since the hospital has no funding for the program.

In the beginning of my time at the hospital, I admit I was nervous and wasn’t use to the hospital setting.  However, I had great mentors and nurses that helped and encouraged me in learning all of the hospital safety and health procedures.  Some of my friends and acquaintances would ask me why I was going to volunteer my time and energy. My response at the time was, for the experience and practice of my new reflexology knowledge and skills. However, once I actually started providing reflexology to patients it was a whole other ball game.  I cannot describe the joy that comes from giving reflexology therapy to patients.  Their smiles and thankfulness truly make the time I am there worth it.  I have gotten to know quite a few patients in the radiation department where I routinely provide reflexology therapy.  I know that they are going through a difficult journey.  My only goal is to provide a sense of relief and comfort however small it may be for them.  Afterwards, when I see their smiles, and they embrace me in their hugs and gratitude, I truly understand the joy that comes from giving.

I have found something that I enjoy giving and it has changed my life!  It has taught me more about compassion and generosity.  Giving of yourself and time for a cause is meaningful, no matter how small. No matter what your skills are, you can make a difference in someone’s day.  Whether it is coaching little league, being a big brother or sister, helping at an animal shelter, or being there for a sick friend, you can truly make a difference.  And not only will it bring a little happiness to those you are helping, it will bring joy and happiness to you as well.

Special thanks and gratitude to Paula Novak and Amy Dunion at The William W. Backus Hospital for their guidance.  And also special thanks to Elysia Bates who is a wonderful reflexology mentor.

12 Comments to How Reflexology Helped Me Find the Joy of Giving:

Comments RSS
writing services company on Friday, April 27, 2018 1:46 AM
How reflexology joy of giving, I am getting here the more and better happiness we were promised with this reflexologybykatie blog. The utilizing the site for education and more alternative massage,keep sharing with us.
Reply to comment

best research paper writing service reviews on Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:41 PM
Giving is one way to show people that they are appreciated and cared for. It is great that you are able to apply your knowledge regarding reflexology to those people who are needing the treatment. These acts of kindness are circumstances wherein we want the people to lessen their sufferings and be an instrument to help them face their encounters in life. It is truly better to give than to receive, the happiness that the person will be feeling is priceless and we would be able to feel their happiness too. In giving we should not expect in exchange for it and do it willingly, because the act of giving would be pointless if we ask for something in return.

write my paper for me on Monday, May 28, 2018 7:54 AM
There are some special persons in our life and we loved them. We enjoy with our beloved persons and want to enjoy tea with them. We can select perfect place for tea or can invite them in our home for tea. We can spend good time with tea.
Reply to comment

write my paper for me on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 12:32 AM
If you want to learn about the Tax law changes then you must come here. Here you can learn many things and all these tips are helps you to tell many things
Reply to comment

test on Thursday, July 19, 2018 4:37 AM
test
Reply to comment

df on Friday, August 17, 2018 12:49 AM
df
Reply to comment

65656 on Monday, January 07, 2019 2:27 AM
Reply to comment

Lasik in dubai on Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:15 AM
I am very pleased to see this article, thank you for sharing. I hope next time will be better.Inside If you on my homepage can be found more related content.
Reply to comment

Sugar Group on Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:56 PM
pernah saya sampaikan. Saya berjanji dan kemudian melink 11 Distributor besi unp baja Distributor besi unp baja Jual besi wf harga besi wf baja undangan pernikahan elegan Harga Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Distributor Bondek Cor Distributor Atap Spandek harga besi beton gunung garuda Harga besi unp baja Harga besi unp baja Jual wiremesh harga besi unp undangan pernikahan casual Harga Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Supplier Bondek Cor Harga Atap Spandek harga besi beton delcoprima Jual besi unp baja Jual besi unp baja Jual besi unp harga besi siku undangan pernikahan ala india Harga Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Agen Bondek Cor Jual Atap Spandek harga besi beton cakra steel cs Supplier besi unp baja Supplier besi unp baja Jual besi cnp harga Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan chinese Harga Besi Wf Toko Bondek Cor Supplier Atap Spandek harga besi beton bjku Toko besi unp baja Toko besi unp baja Jual besi hollow harga besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan anime Harga Besi H beam Jual Bondek Cor Toko Atap Spandek harga besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen besi unp baja Agen besi unp baja Jual besi beton Sni Ulir Polos harga besi cnp undangan pernikahan klub bola Harga Besi Beton Harga Bondek Cor Agen Atap Spandek harga besi beton ais Pabrik besi unp baja Pabrik besi unp baja ironsteelcenter.com www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan ada foto www.sentrabesibaja.com Pabrik Bondek Cor Pabrik Atap Spandek harga besi beton undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual sch 40 Jual sch 40 Supplier bondek Supplier besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada foto Pabrik Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Agen Besi Unp Baja Jual besi wf www.pusatbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Harga besi siku baja Harga besi siku baja Agen pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Agen bondek undangan pernikahan unik Supplier Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Supplier Pipa Besi baja Harga besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton delcoprima Jual besi siku baja Jual besi siku baja Agen Plat besi Agen wiremesh undangan pernikahan ada foto Supplier Bondek Cor Agen Pipa Besi baja Jual besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton cakra steel cs
Reply to comment

زرع عدسة العين ف on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:06 AM
Its like you learn my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the eBook in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a little bit, but instead of that, that is great blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.
Reply to comment

net worth on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:12 PM
Reply to comment

Mens b3 Shearling Bomber Leather Jacket on Saturday, October 05, 2019 7:51 AM
Your article is such an informative article. It is glad to read such articles. Thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment